About Stonebridge Bank
Looking for a great place to work? Along with competitive salaries and a full range of employment benefits, Stonebridge Bank offers an upbeat, professional work environment where everyone is encouraged to strive for customer service excellence, along with personal growth and satisfaction.
If you’re interested in applying for any current openings, or you’d just like us to keep your resume on file, please send your resume to:
• Develop referral resources and relationships that can provide opportunities to originate new loans.
• Promote, market and sell Bank lending, deposit and money management products to qualified and eligible customers.
• Assist potential Borrowers through the application and information gathering process.
• Present Loan requests and participate in making credit decisions according to lending authority structure.
• Responsible for maintaining and building customer relationships.
• Prepares closing packages including documents, and funding information ensuring compliance with regulations and organizational lending policies.
• Maintain a current knowledge of federal and state regulations and laws affecting the bank and lending practices.
• Ensures adherence to the institution's policies and procedures, consumer regulations, and federal and state regulations.
• Fosters positive relationships with all levels of management and other members of staff.
• Manage, support and develop relationships assigned and originated loan portfolio including loans risk rated 1 to 5.
• Collect financial data and other required documentation from Borrowers and Guarantors as required or otherwise desired by Bank.
• Anticipated methods for collecting data and documentation but not limited to, request letters, phone calls and personal visits.
• Monitor compliance with Loan covenants.
• Initiate and coordinate reviews, renewals or term outs of Lines of Credit.
• Proactively address maturing loans in assigned portfolio to get paid off and closed or refinanced by loan maturity.
• Maintain regular contact and develop relationships with customers in good standing to support their existing credit and identify other products and services that could benefit the customer.
• Review delinquent loans on a weekly basis requesting payment and resolving issues by but not limited to; letters, phone calls and personal visits.
• Monitor portfolio for .red flags. such as, repeated delinquency, unpaid taxes or insurance, major changes in business or communication and any other indicators that a loan or borrower is becoming an increased credit risk.
• Report any loans or relationships that appear to be an increased credit risk to supervisor and Senior Workout Officer.
• Develop and execute action plans to move struggling (increased credit risk) loans back to good standing in conjuncture with workout group.
• Assist Workout Department and Senior Management in the collection or liquidation of loans as requested.
• Assist Operations to resolve documentation or policy exceptions. Complete and submit Watch loan memos to Senior Management for monthly review, on all credits risk rated 5 or higher.
• Complete and submit Portfolio Review Memos on majority of assigned portfolio on an annual basis.
• Attend loan settlements to ensure compliance with intended execution of documentation and disbursement of funds.
• Performs other related special projects or duties as assigned.
• Duties may vary depending on branch location and customer base.
• Knowledge of various federal regulations including but not limited to:
Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act,
Americans with Disabilities Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act,
GLB Act, Regulation E and other job appropriate subjects.
• Must execute the internal organizational plan to meet company standards.
• Must partner with management team to ensure effective compliance to the bank's policies and procedures.
• Must develop and comply with all controls to ensure quality standards.
Essential skills and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, or related field
or proven experience in required job skills.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic
and functional level.
• Technical skills in lending and credit analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Commitment to the bank's values.
• 5 years+ banking and financial system knowledge.
• MS Word and MS Excel proficiency.
Stonebridge Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO